Friday, December 24, 2010

Poison Idea - Santa Claus Is Back In Town

Punk icons Poison Idea knock "Santa Claus Is Back In Town" out of the park with their sloppy, bluesy, metallic version of this time honored Xmas favorite. Their version comes complete with a highly inappropriate sexual reference at the end of the track. This is off of the excellent "It's Finally Christmas" compilation. I've been listening to this compilation more this year than I have in the past and come to realize, that even though I don't recognize a lot of the bands/artists on this one, it is one of the best indie/punk Xmas compilations ever produced- a worthy addition to you any music collection.

Note: I guess this is also on a compilation called "Hardcore Holiday", which I've just ordered from Amazon, I mean, how could my collection be complete without it?





No comments:

Post a Comment